The best shingle color for your home depends on several things. You need to know what your homeowners association regulations are as well as decide if you’re also planning on changing your gutters, soffits and fascia color. Some homeowners do a complete exterior makeover and replace their vinyl siding in Nashville, TN.
How to Choose the Best Shingle Color for Your Home
The best shingle color comes down to personal preference and your HOA regulations. However, if you’re looking for a way to narrow down your options and pick one, here are a few steps you can take that may help.
- Look at your current roof, is it too dark, too light, too bland?
- Look at other homes around you with similar color schemes, do you like their roof color?
- Think about the color scheme of your home. Homes with one color vinyl siding in Nashville, TN can use a bit of pop and that’s a good time to choose a color blend shingle. However, if you have multiple colors in the way of siding, trim, windows and doors, you may want a more subdued shingle color.
- Use a visualizer. Most shingle manufacturers give you the option of choosing a home in their stock photos or uploading your own. Although this isn’t exact because colors on a computer differ, it will give you a good idea.
- Ask your roofing company to see shingles in person. Look at them in natural light, outside. Look at them on both a sunny day and a cloudy day if you can. Do you still love your choice?
Mobley Brothers Roofing & Renovation Can Help
If you’re looking for an exterior renovation, we can help you choose a new color scheme. We offer both fiber cement siding and vinyl siding in Nashville, TN and Knoxville, TN from our local offices. Let us help you create a new look for your home by calling us today at (615) 645-4500 for the Nashville area at or (865) 248-2772 for our Knoxville office. We’re A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau.